A manuscript from 1396 preserved in the archives of the property mentions the purchase of the Champs de Cris. The latter is still planted with vines and still belongs to the Domaine du Château de Tracy. In 1586, François Stutt married Françoise de Bar who brought him as a gift the seigneury of Tracy. By their marriage, the descendants of the Count of Assay and his youngest, François Stutt, current owners of the Château de Tracy, have reunited the two branches of the same family separated for nearly four centuries.
THE DOMAIN TODAY
The Château de Tracy stands on a rocky outcrop overlooking the Loire, in a town that bears his name. A beautiful Renaissance portal adorns the façade with sober elegance. A medieval keep dominates the high slate roofs.