The Antinori family has been committed to the art of winemaking for over six centuries since 1385 when Giovanni di Piero Antinori became a member, of the “Arte Fiorentina dei Vinattieri”, the Florentine Winemakers’ Guild. All throughout its history, twenty-six generations long, the Antinori family has managed the business directly making innovative and sometimes bold decisions while upholding the utmost respect for traditions and the environment. On February 2nd, 1506 Niccolò di Tommaso Antinori, one of the most promising and influential men in Florence at that time, bought Palazzo Antinori (known as Palazzo Boni) for 4000 florins.